Odontochilus Blume, Coll. Orchid. (1858) 79; Odontochilus Blume, FI. Javae Nov. Ser. 1 (1858-1859) 66. Type species: Odontochilus flavescens (Blume) Blume.
- Genus Cystopus Blume, Coll. Orchid. (1858) 82. Type species:
- Genus Evrardianthe Rauschert
- Genus Kuhlhasseltia J.J.Sm., Icon. Bogor . 4 (1910) t. 301. Type species: Kuhlhasseltia javanica J.J.Sm
- Genus Myrmechis Blume, Coll. Orchid. (1859) 76. Type species: Myrmechis gracilis (Blume) Blume
- Genus Pristiglottis Cretz. & J.J.Sm., Acta Fauna Fl. Universali, ser. 2, Bot., 1, 14 (1934) 4
- Genus Vexillabium F.Maek., J. Jap. Bot. 11 (1935) 457. Type species: Vexillabium nakaianum F.Maek.
Description of Pristiglottis
Terrestrial, small, 5-10 cm high. Rhizome long, decumbent, stem-like; roots short, shortly villose. Stem terete, glabrous, 4- to 6-leaved. Leaves patent, petiolate, blade ovate or ovate-lanceolate, acute or shortly acuminate, glabrous on both sides, 1.5-3 by 0.9-1.5 cm; petiole at the base dilated, sheathing the stem, 0.7-1 cm long. Inflorescence short, erect, 2- to 4-flowered. Floral bracts lanceolate, acuminate, glabrous, usually longer than the ovary. Flowers erect-patent. Sepals porrect, oblong-ligulate, obtuse, glabrous, connate in basal third, 1.3 cm long. Lateral sepals oblique, at the base along the anterior margin lobed-dilated, connate into a short obtuse sac. Petals obliquely linear-ligulate, obtuse, glabrous, about as long as the sepals. Lip at the base ovate-cucullate, in the middle part with incurved margins, forming a linear claw with undulate apical margin, at the apex with an elliptic lobe that is somewhat broader than the claw when expanded, whole lip 1.5 by 0.4 cm, apical lobe 0.45 by 0.3 cm. Column short, in front with two lamellae, glabrous; rostellum lanceolate, bifid. Anther lanceolate, acute. Ovary cylindrical, 0.8 cm long, glabrous.
(After Schlechter, 1911-1914)