Odontochilus Blume, Coll. Orchid. (1858) 79; Odontochilus Blume, FI. Javae Nov. Ser. 1 (1858-1859) 66. Type species: Odontochilus flavescens (Blume) Blume.
- Genus Cystopus Blume, Coll. Orchid. (1858) 82. Type species:
- Genus Evrardianthe Rauschert
- Genus Kuhlhasseltia J.J.Sm., Icon. Bogor . 4 (1910) t. 301. Type species: Kuhlhasseltia javanica J.J.Sm
- Genus Myrmechis Blume, Coll. Orchid. (1859) 76. Type species: Myrmechis gracilis (Blume) Blume
- Genus Pristiglottis Cretz. & J.J.Sm., Acta Fauna Fl. Universali, ser. 2, Bot., 1, 14 (1934) 4
- Genus Vexillabium F.Maek., J. Jap. Bot. 11 (1935) 457. Type species: Vexillabium nakaianum F.Maek.
Terrestrial, small, sympodial, 5-10 cm high. Rhizome long, decumbent, stem-like; roots short, shortly villose. Stem terete, slightly succulent, glabrous, 4- to 6-leaved. Leaves distributed along the erect part of the stem or crowded at the stem-apex, spirally arranged, patent, petiolate; petiole at the base dilated, sheathing the stem, 0.7-1 cm long; blade ovate or ovate-lanceolate, acute or shortly acuminate, glabrous on both sides, 1.5-3 by 0.9-1.5 cm. Inflorescence short, erect, few- to several-flowered. Floral bracts lanceolate, acuminate, glabrous, usually longer than the ovary. Flowers erect-patent, small (but relatively large for the plant) to medium-sized, resupinate. Sepals porrect, oblong-ligulate, obtuse, glabrous, connate in basal third, 1.3 cm long. Lateral sepals oblique, at the base along the anterior margin lobed-dilated, connate into a short obtuse sac, or free. Petals free, obliquely linear-ligulate, obtuse, glabrous, about as long as the sepals. Lip usually without spur, not mobile, c. 1.5 by 0.4 cm; spur, if present, bilobed, or base ovate-cucullate, there with two warts; middle part with incurved margins, forming a tubular linear claw with undulate to fringed apical margin; apex with an elliptic lobe 0.45 by 0.3 cm that is somewhat broader than the claw when expanded. Column short, without column foot, in front with two lamellae, glabrous; rostellum lanceolate, bifid; anther lanceolate, acute; pollinia 2, sectile, caudicles present, stipe absent, viscidium present.. Ovary cylindrical, 0.8 cm long, glabrous.
(After Schlechter, 1911-1914, amended)
Flowers white, green, or bluish.