Pholidota Lindl. ex Hook., Exot. Fl. 2 (1825) t. 138
- Genus Acanthoglossum Blume, Bijdr. (1825) 383
- Genus Camelostalix Pfitzer in Engl., Pflanzenr. IV. 50. II. B. 7 (1907) 159
- Genus Chelonanthera Blume, Bijdr. (1825) 384
- Genus Crinonia Blume, Bijdr. (1825) 338
- Genus Ptilocnema D.Don, Prodr. Fl. Nep. (1825) 33
Sympodial epiphytic or rarely terrestrial plants with very short to elongated rhizomes. Pseudobulbs consisting of one internode. Leaves 1 or 2, not sheathing at the base, glabrous, plicate or not, deciduous, convolute, thin-textured but stiff or distinctly leathery. Inflorescence basal (heteranthous) or terminal (synanthous or hysteranthous), a few- to many-flowered raceme. Flowers small to medium-sized, resupinate. Sepals free. Petals free, sometimes similar to the sepals, but more often distinctly narrower. Lip without spur, not mobile, divided into a cup-like basal part without lateral lobes, and a flat or convex apical part. Column at the apex flattened, more or less hood-like; column-foot very short or absent. Pollinia 4, solid, caudicles present, stipe present or not, viscidium absent.
Species present in New Guinea: