Nervilia Comm. ex Gaudich., in Freyc., Voy.Uranie, Bot. (1826) 422
- Genus Aplostellis Thouars, Hist. Orchid. (1822) t. 24
- Genus Bolborchis Zoll. & Moritzi, Syst. Verz. Zoll. (1845-46) 89
- Genus Cordyla Blume, Bijdr. (1825) 416
- Genus Roptrostemon Blume, Fl. Javae (1828) vi
- Genus Stellorkis Thouars, Nouv. Bull. Sci. Soc. Philom. Paris 19 (1809) 317
Terrestrial plants with subterranean tuberous rhizome. Shoot 1-leaved. Leaves more or less round or heart-shaped, hairy or glabrous, plicate, not articulated, convolute, sometimes spotted, usually absent during the flowering period, thin-textured. Inflorescence a 2- to many-flowered raceme or carrying a single flower, usually produced in the rainy season before the leaves appear. Flowers small to medium-sized, resupinate. Sepals and petals free, similar to each other. Lip without spur, not mobile. Column-foot absent. Pollinia 2, sectile, caudicles absent, stipe absent, viscidium absent.