Brachypeza indusiata (Rchb.f.) Garay, Bot. Mus. Leafl. 23, 4 (1972) 164
Type: Linden cult. s.n. (Sunda Isl.) (holo W)
- Thrixspermum indusiatum Rchb.f., Gard. Chron. (1886, I) 585
- Sarcochilus indusiatus (Rchb.f.) Carr, Gard. Bull. Straits Settlem. 8 (1935) 121
- Thrixspermum platyphyllum Rchb.f., Bot. Centralbl. 28 (1886) 343
- Type: Beccari s.n.
- Sarcochilus platyphyllus (Rchb.f.) F.Muell., Descr. Notes Papuan Pl. 9 (1890) 66
- Sarcochilus stenoglottis Hook.f., Fl. Brit. Ind. 6 (1890) 34
- Type: Scortechini s.n. (Malay Peninsula,?Perak) (holo K, not located)
- Thrixspermum stenoglottis (Hook.f.) Kuntze, Rev. Gen. Pl. (1891) 682
- Pteroceras stenoglottis (Hook.f.) Holttum, Kew Bull. 14 (1960) 271
- Brachypeza stenoglottis (Hook.f.) Garay, Bot. Mus. Leafl. 23, 4 (1972) 164
- Sarcochilus sigmoideus Ridl., J. Linn. Soc., Bot. 31 (1896) 298
- Type: Native dealer s.n. (Pontianak)
- Sarcochilus keyensis J.J.Sm., Icon. Bogor. 3 (1906) 49, t. 219
- Type: Bogor cult. (Treub) s.n. (Kei Isl.)
Stem very short, c. 5-leaved. Leaves patent, oblong-ligulate, thickly carnose, 21 by 6 cm, apex broad, unequally 2-lobed, lobes rounded, mid-rib deeply grooved above, underneath obtusely prominent; sheaths short, laterally compressed, carnose. Inflorescence arising from a lower axil, patent or bent downwards, densely many-flowered, 24 cm long. Peduncle terete 19 cm long, 0.15 cm diam., with a few very small scales; rachis thickened, angular, 4-5 cm long, 0.3 cm thick. Floral bracts very small, triangular, acute, concave, carnose, 0.2 cm long. Flowers single or in pairs, arising at intervals, when flattened 1.9 cm wide, ephemeral. Sepals oblong, obtuse, concave, patent, 0.7 by 0.3-0.4 cm Petals oblong, obtuse, 0.65 by 0.25 cm. Lip mobile, attached to the column-foot, articulate, spurred, 3 lobed; spur porrect, rather large, at the mouth funnel-shaped, apex incurved and there abruptly inflated and semiglobose, spoon-shaped, 0.55 cm long, at apex 0.25 cm wide, and there with the wall very thin; lateral lobes next to the mouth of the spur erect, very small, narrowly triangular, obtuse, outside with a prominent rib; mid-lobe very short, on either side dilated into an incurved, 3-angular, obtuse lobule which is parallel with the lateral lobes. Column rather slender, somewhat curved, constricted at the base, 0.35 cm long. Column-foot short, truncate, 0.2 cm long. Anther cucullate, broad, shortly acute. Pollinia 2, base grooved, stipe short, rather broad, viscidium small. Rostellum narrowly and acutely bidentate. Stigma large, ovate. Ovary 0.9 cm long.
(After Smith, 1906, as Sarcochilus keyensis J.J.Sm.).