Dendrobium cyanocentrum Schltr., in K.Schum. & Lauterb., Nachtr. Fl. Deutsch. Schutzgeb. Südsee (1905) 160; Repert. Spec. Nov. Regni Veg. Beih. 21 (1923) t. 178, fig. 665.
Type: Schlechter 13930 (holo B, lost; iso BM, BR, K, P).
- Pedilonum cyanocentrum (Schltr.) Rauschert, Feddes Repert. 94 (1983) 458.
- Oxyglossellum cyanocentrum (Schltr.) M.A.Clem. & D.L.Jones, Orchadian 13 (2002) 490
- Dendrobium flavispiculum J.J.Sm., Repert. Spec. Nov. Regni Veg. 12 (1913) 120; Nova Guinea 12, 3 (1916) 333, t. 120, fig. 219.
- Type: Janowsky 88 (holo BO).
- Pedilonum flavispiculum (J.J.Sm.) Rauschert, Feddes Repert. 94 (1983) 459.
- Dendrobium lapeyrouseoides Schltr., Repert. Spec. Nov. Regni Veg. Beih. 1 (1912) 530; 21 (1923) t. 179, fig. 670.
- Type: Schlechter 18054 (holo B, lost).
- Pedilonum lapeyrouseoides (Schltr.) Rauschert, Feddes Repert. 94 (1983) 460.
Erect to semi-pendulous tufted epiphyte, 1.5-8 cm high, often forming clumps to 12 cm across. Roots 0.4-1 mm diameter. Rhizome short, to c. 3 mm long. Pseudobulbs 0.3-2.5 by 0.15-0.4 cm, ovoid, obclavate to cylindrical, greenish or greenish yellow or reddish, 2-3(-4)-leaved at apex. Leaves 1-6 by 0.1-0.3 cm, erect to spreading, linear-subulate, flat to shallowly V-shaped in section, pale yellowish green to dark green above, paler, sometimes purplish red below, apex acute to subacuminate, sometimes apiculate or obliquely pointed; sheaths pale green, membranous, with age becoming fibrous. Inflorescences terminal from leafy or leafless pseudobulbs, 1(-2)-flowered, subsessile; bracts c.3.5 by 2.7 mm, ovate-acuminate, usually enclosing mentum apex. Flowers 1.1-1.8 cm (measured to tip of dorsal sepal in erect position), sepals and petals usually strongly reflexed and with age often bent back parallel to pedicel and ovary. Median sepal 5-7.5 by 2-3 mm, lanceolate to narrowly ovate or ovate-triangular, strongly acuminate-subulate, becoming strongly reflexed and often convex. Lateral sepals 10.5-17 by 2-3 mm, ovate-triangular, strongly acuminate-subulate, usually strongly reflexed; basal fused part 1.5-3 mm, subconical; mentum total length 5.5-l0 mm, tip obtuse to shortly bilobed, usually enclosed by bract. Petals 4-6.5 by 1.5-3 mm narrowly ovate-triangular to obovate, occasionally linear-ligulate, usually reflexed. Lip 10-14 by 1.5-2.5 mm, linear-lanceolate, subtrilobate, adnate to column foot at base, apical part with margins only slightly incurved, transverse callus present, V-shaped or M-shaped or emarginate, apex of lip narrowly triangular acuminate or cuspidate, usually straight or sometimes slightly deflexed. Column 1.5-2 mm long; foot 5.5-10 mm long; anther 1.5-2.5 mm broad; pollinia 0.6-l mm long. Ovary 3-winged to triangular in cross-section; pedicel and ovary 7-15 mm long. Fruit 12 by 7 mm; narrowly ovoid, winged.
(after Reeve & Woods, 1989).
(largely after Reeve & Woods, 1989).